The Fontainebleau Resort in Miami Beach is moving forward with plans to build a 5-story expansion, and has applied for a construction permit to begin work.
The new addition will be built on what is currently a surface parking lot at 4360 Collins Avenue.
The project actually includes seven levels since there are two basement floors:
- Basement level 1 – parking
- Basement level 2 – parking
- Ground floor – parking, back of house and loading
- Level 2 – junior ballroom, pre-function, and meeting rooms
- Level 3 – meeting rooms, circulation spaces, a commercial kitchen, and a pedestrian bridge connecting the building to the existing Fontainebleau Tresor tower on the north side of the property
- Level 4 – grand ballroom and pre-assembly spaces
- Roof level – plans show a roof deck. There will also be planters, the permit says
The project was approved by Miami Beach’s Historic Preservation Board in 2020.
Nichols Brosch Wurst Wolfe is the architect.